No doubt! Most sellers having their websites on Magento 1 still want to continue with the same CMS. Additionally, many store owners are still waiting for the right time to migrate to Magento 2 edition. Magento team has officially announced that the support for Magento 1 Community and Enterprise editions will eventually end in June of 2020. If you do not migrate from Magento 1 to 2 prior to June 2020 then you wouldn’t get any official support from Magento. No further security or version upgrades will be available.
So, this is right time to plan migration to Magento 2, the advanced and competitive Magento platform for the reasons including but not limited to:
- Mobile friendly and responsive design
- Highly secure
- Revamped and responsive Admin Interface
- Lot of key integrations
- Instant purchase feature
- Email marketing automation feature
- More efficient backend interface and many more
But before you upgrade Magento 1 to Magento 2, here are some essential aspects to consider:
- Backup your Magento 1 store with all files, folders, and the database.
- Review and analyze what needs to be kept or removed from the new Magento 2 website.
- Check the compatibility of current themes, extensions and custom code with Magento 2.
- Migrate the data from the cloned database of Magento 1 store.
- Install a fresh copy of Magento 2 on the same hosting server where your Magento 1 store is located.
It is safe to follow the Official Magento Migration Documentation, according to which, the process is divided into four stages.
- Theme Migration
- Extension Migration (Compatible or not)
- Customizations Migration
- Data Migration
We are here to assist you in migrating your websites from Magento 1 to Magento 2 and ensure that the migration is accomplished in a seamlessly and in an undisruptive way; we offer end-to-end support at every stage of the migration process.
The Migration to Magento 2 would broadly follow following stages:
- Magento 2 has advanced features to deliver high-end shopping and store experience to the users. It has awesome customized theme compatibility; but keep in mind that you cannot migrate Magento 1 theme to Magento 2 platform. We will help you in customize new Magento 2 theme creation, it will enhance your store experience.
- Magento extensions are most essential components that provide new features and extend the functionalities for your Magento store. The important step in Magento migration process is to install the all desired Magento 2 extensions, because Magento 1 extensions will not work on Magento 2, you will experience compatibility issue while integrating Magento 1 extensions into Magento 2. Only install the essential and useful Magento 2 extensions.
- During data migration, it is important to move your Magento 1 settings and data to Magento 2. We will help you to store data and settings migration using data migration tool. It makes the Magento migration process hassle-free and helps in migrating critical data (products, categories, orders, store configurations & settings, etc.) to Magento 2.
We at V Group Inc. offer a varied range of ecommerce services. We also have a wide range of extensions on the Magento marketplace that are instrumental in making ecommerce stores smarter and in keeping them ahead of the competitors. Connect with us at email@example.com for all your needs to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2.